Many of us who love to eat also love to read. But we go beyond that. We love to read about food. If that is you, then you are invite to join us in the Foodies Read 2 Challenge for 2012. This is the second year in which we’ll indulge ourselves with good food writing.
If you are new to a food/reading challenge, you may be wondering – what is a “food book”? A food book is a book which is centered around food and/or drinks. That could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a non-fiction book focused around a specific food, wine, chef or restaurant. Also allowed is a fictional story in which food plays a major role.
Here’s how the challenge works:
1. Decide how many food books you want to read in 2012. Pick one of the reading levels below. Remember, this is a challenge, so try pushing yourself. Participants from last year, please notice I’ve pushed the numbers up a bit. Levels:
- Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
- Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
- Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
- Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
- Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19
2. Grab the challenge button and write a post on your blog so we can spread the word. No blog? That’s okay. Sign up in the comments section.
3. After you read each book for the challenge, come back here and tell us about it. On January 1st I’ll provide pages so you can post links for your reviews. We’ll use the same categories as last year: Cookbooks, Memoirs/Biographies, Fiction, and Nonfiction. I’ll also include a page where you link up your Challenge Wrap-Up post.
- The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2012.
- You don’t need a pre-selected list of books.
- It’s okay to cross over with other challenges.
- Any book format is allowed (print, audio, ebook)
Sign Up Here: Visit the dedicated blog for this challenge here: Foodies Read 2