The past six months I have thoroughly enjoyed reading favorite books from my childhood. When I first decided to join this challenge I knew I had hundreds of books to choose from. I decided to choose those books that really stuck in my head and in my heart.I read these books as a child, I read them to my children and now they are still excellent choices for my grandchildren.
Here is my list:
- Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
- Blueberries For Sal by Robert McCloskey
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- The Railway Children b y Edith Nesbit
- Homer Price by Robert McCloskey
- On The Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
To read the review, click on the title.
This completes my Childhood Favourites Reading Challenge. I’d like to thank Lynda of Lynda’s Book Blog for sponsoring this challenge. If you’d like to read a nice selection of reviews from all the members of the challenge, visit the site at Childhood Favourites Reading Challenge.