First Paragraph: Sworn To Silence by Linda Castillo

Every Tuesday Vicki at I’d Rather Be At the Beach shares the first paragraph of a book currently being read. Feel free to join the fun.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~~  ~

Ever since I discovered this author and her Amish murder mystery series I’m eager to collect them all. The book below is Sworn To Silence, the first book in the series. Here’s how it begins:

Chapter One

The cruiser’s strobes cast red and blue light onto winter dead trees. Officer T.J. Banks pulled the car onto the shoulder and flipped on the spotlight, running the beam along the edge of the field where corn stalks shivered in the cold. Twenty yards away, six Jersey cows stood in the bar ditch, chewing their cud.

What do you think?

Would you keep reading?

This entry was posted in First Paragraph. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to First Paragraph: Sworn To Silence by Linda Castillo

1. How could I not want to keep reading a book that features Jersey cows in its first paragraph? This does sound like an interesting series and one that is already hovering on the wishlist

2. This looks interesting – I’ll see if I can find a copy.

3. Emma says:

I’ve read this one already and really enjoyed it. It’s a great series. Enjoy!

I read a couple of books in this series and liked them, so yes, I’d keep reading.

5. This author is on my must-try list. Enjoy!

6. Kay says:

Oh yes! I’ve read each and every book in this series and it is a great favorite of mine! So glad you are starting it. Hope you enjoy. Amish with a slice of crime. Kate is a strong woman – flawed and damaged due to life events, but so strong.

7. I love a book that opens with such vivid scenes that pull me right in. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

8. carol says:

I did read that one. I get annoyed with something in each of hers, mostly the relationship between Kate and Tomasetti, but seem to keep reading them anyway. I haven’t picked up the most recent yet though.

9. Vicki says:

That’s different! I haven’t read an Amish fiction is so long.

10. Angela says:

That sounds like a really interesting book. I’ve read a few Amish novels before, but they were all romance novels.

11. Nise' says:

I really like this series.

12. Yvonne says:

Sounds great. I’ve been wanting to read books by this author.