Cozy Mystery Challenge – Doubled

What is a cozy mystery?

A cozy mystery is a mystery that doesn’t normally have any rough language, sex scenes, or gruesome details about the killing, and the main character is normally an amateur detective.”  – from the Cozy Myster Challenge website.

I love to read cozy mysteries and I couldn’t resist this challenge. (Thank you, Beth Fish Reads.) The Cozy Mystery Challenge is sponsored annually by Kris from  Not Enough Books.

It’s a short challenge, only six months long – April 1st through September 30th. The goal is to read six cozies. I believe I can read more. It’s perfect for this time period. Well, actually, the other six months are perfect for cozies too.

This is also a good time for me to tell you about a blog I’ve been following. The blog is written by seven cozy mystery authors. It’s a name that’s easy to remember: Cozy Chicks Blog. It’s fun to follow their posts and read about what they are thinking, their writing process and their latest books. I have some of their books coming from the library and Amazon.

I’m feeling in a *challenge* mood so I’ve decided to double my challenge: For the Cozy Mystery Challenge I’m going to read a book from each of the seven Cozy Chicks. That’s my definition of doubling the challenge.

Anyone want to join me?

Here’s a list of the seven authors who make up the Cozy Chicks:

• Maggie Sefton
  • Jennifer Stanley (Also known as J.B. Stanley)
  • Lorna Barrett
  • Deb Baker
  • Heather Webber
  • Leeann Sweeney
  • Kate Collins

Link to join the Cozy Mystery Challenge: HERE

Link to visit the authors at Cozy Chicks Blog: HERE

This entry was posted in Book Challenges, Books, Cozy Mysteries. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Cozy Mystery Challenge – Doubled

1. What a fun way to do the challenge! Good luck!

2. BooksPlease says:

I like the sound of the Cozy Mystery Challenge – so much so that I’ve joined it too.

3. Paula says:

I have read all of these women’s work before … except Heather Webber… sounds like a fun idea ..and a great way to try out a new author!

4. Stacy says:

That’s so great to try each of these authors! I look forward to your recommendations. Good luck!

5. Betty says:

Great idea, I’m in. I’ve read the first 3 authors before, but don’t think I’ve read the others, so it’ll be a great way to find some more authors to love. (Just the words cozy mysteries sounds so friendly, don’t they?)

6. I joined!! Can’t wait to get to reading my cozy’s that I have…always a good time!

7. Keri Montgomery says:

I joined! I read about 4 to 5 books a month.

These are all new to me (I heard of most, just haven’t read yet). I’ll see your double and hope I’m able to complete your challenge.

I’ll announce this tomorrow or so on my blog.

9. The Cozy Chicks are thrilled that you’ve chosen to read our books. For those of you who don’t know us, we’re Deb Baker (Hannah Reed), Lorna Barrett (Lorraine Bartlett), Kate Collins, Maggie Sefton, Jennifer (JB) Stanley, Leann Sweeney, and Heather Webber. We’re giving away bookmarks to get to know new readers. If you’re interested, email us at cozychicks@gmail.com

10. Kris Meyer says:

Thanks for signing up for my cozy mystery challenge! I think the double challenge is a cool idea. I have either read or plan to read a book by each of the authors that make up a cozy chick. Good luck and can’t wait to see what you end up reading.

11. Ann says:

I stopped by your blog today. I’m always looking for something new to read and will check out the authors listed.
    Ann