Booking Through Thursday

bkthruthur

Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…

1.  Are you currently reading more than one book?

I almost always read a couple of books at one time. Usually one is a big “serious” book, one is usually something light (romance or cozy mystery), one is usually non-fiction. Then I have one or two books that are devotional/spiritual books.

2.  If so, how many books are you currently reading?

Right now I am reading three: The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, Kitchen Confidential, and Murder on the Links. Keep a Quiet Heart is my devotional book.

3.  Is this normal for you?

This is as normal as normal gets. Things change over the years. Now that I an retired I have the luxury of time to read as many books as I want. I like variety in what I’m reading. Late at night I prefer something easy. Early in the morning my brain is more alert so I read the non-fiction or a more serious novel.
4.  Where do you keep your current reads?

All over the place. There are stacks of books all around and they can be distracting. The ones I’m currently reading are either piled near my reading chair or by the bed or in a tote bag. It just depends.

What are you reading? Are you reading more than one at a time? For more Booking Through Thursday, click on the image above.

This entry was posted in booking through thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Booking Through Thursday

1. I know that feeling. Reading more than thrre book at a time, my brain knows what it needs and at what time!

Here is mine

2. Yes 😀 another multi-book reader. How are you liking Deliverance Dane so far? I have it on my Books-on-Deck.

3. JLS Hall says:

Me, too – I usually have two or three going. But I’m just the opposite – my brain seems to work better later in the day, so I save the serious stuff for late-night reading.

4. Yvonne says:

For me, it’s one fiction book at a time. I don’t read many non-fiction, but sometimes I can do a fiction and a non-fiction at the same time. I also listen to audio books in the car, but read a print book in the house.

5. Cerrin says:

I am doing the “fluff” book in my bag…workin thru the JD Robb Series again. lol and then my Text books for school But I had to start a second fluff book last night…I had forgotten mine at work. So I have to finish them both.

My books get ‘lighter’ as the day progresses, too!

7. Jess says:

My books are everywhere as well. I try to keep them organized but it never works.

8. Kathy says:

I’m a monogamous reader.

9. Kim says:

I generally like to read one at a time but find myself reading more than one quite often.

Mine’s up…come on over!

10. Jay says:

My style is that I read usually one book at a time but I absorb it and tear through the pages till i am done. I do have two books in progress now a non-fiction and a western fiction. I guess rules are made to be broken.

11. Margot says:

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am truly enjoying The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane. It is extremely well written and captivating. I’m half way through. Kitchen Confidential is just plain fun although different from what I expected.

I normally read just one at a time, but lately I’ve been trying to listen to one and read another. So far I’m doing fine with that plan.

I need to get to Physick Book and join in the discussion at B&N.

13. I can only read one book at a time. How do you like The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane? I just received it and will be reading it soon. My post is up now.

14. Kerrie says:

Please check my blog for an award for you Margo